At the beginning, what is Internet Marketing at all? The answer is simple. You want to sell something on the Internet repeatable. And that’s it! Or in other words, Internet marketing is your online business. You have product, and you advertise to sell it. To finally discover the secret of internet marketing, I will tell you that in basic, for successful business online, you need only three basic things:
- Product or service
It really is that simple.
If you have those three things, properly conducted, you will have a successful and profitable online business. Let’s talk about expertise in each of those three areas and how you can quickly skilled each one.
Product or service
First, you need to have a product or service. If you have your product, excellent! And what if you don’t have? Do not worry. The internet has thousands of products to sell. Your job is only to choose the right one.
You need a product that people want, for which there is a need and demand.
How you can tell if there is demand for this product? Don’t fall crazily in love with a product just because you think it’s cool. I’ll go into details in some other future article, but for now I will just tell you that you have to look at two things to determine if people wanted this product enough that you will advertise it:
- Are there people searching for that product (for this you can use the MarketSamurai ).
- Are other marketers prepared to pay a significant amount of money for traffic for that for that product, because people are buying it (to find this out you can use the MarketSamurai again).
For starters, do not worry too much about it. Don’t get too involved on the perfect product. I know it sounds unbelievable , but product is the very least important of the three items. Copywriting and traffic are infinitely more important to your business. Don’t spend couple of years developing a product. There are already a large amount of products available online that you can advertise and earn a percentage as an internet affiliate marketer. Choosing your product or service is going to take no more than a half an hour, not couple of years. You can run the numbers for six to ten product concepts in less than half an hour and decide.
Then begin working on what really matters… which is…
Next thing you have to do is to describe your product, and describe it well, because you have to attract customers. You need a copy. Copy is a content primarily used for the purpose of advertising or marketing. This type of written material is often used to persuade a person or group as well as to raise brand awareness.
You can do this in many ways. First, you can create a sales page on a web-site that will describe the product and try to sell it. Second, you will write small text advertisings to run on PPC search engines. Third, you can write similar one and two line descriptions to enter into affiliate networks. Then you are going to write articles and resource boxes for those articles. At last you may even write a signature line for use on community forums. All these methods will later explain in more detail in a separate article.
The thing is that copywriting is what delivers the sales message about your product. It is basically a few words. You can once in a while utilize pictures and videos, but it is generally the words that actually do the selling. Don’t forget that you are in the business of words.
But how can you decide what words to work with? If you are a beginner you have three common options:
- Employ a costly copywriter. Or not so costly, if you don’t have much money. Respectable copywriter will cost you $1,000-$5,000 per sales page! But don’t panic! There are ways to do it much cheaper. Or even free!
- Use copywriting software that scores words. I suggest AdvantageBot -Text Scoring Engine (PC & Mac Desktop Software). You can read more about this software at their page here and buy it for single payment of 197.00 U.S. Dollars. It scores your selected ad copy against a huge database of profitable ads. You can basically make up some copy and click the score button. Then change it and click the score button once more. Pick the highest scoring text after you have worked with it for awhile. You’ll have copy that the pros will envy and more importantly… copy that will change over that traffic into customers.
- Come up short for quite a while you are learning. Try not to giggle! Most Internet marketers pick along these lines. On the off chance that you are persisent enough, you will realize what works and what doesn’t.
So far we have a product or service, and our advertisement. What else is missing?
Someone who would buy our product!
To begin with, we need someone who will read our ad, and then, if he likes, buy our product. But not everyone who read our ad will automatically buy our product. Perhaps only one man out of a hundred people. Or thousand! Therefore, we need to attract a lot of people to read our ad, because then they will be more likely to sell more products.
So, once you have copy that sells, you need to get people to see it. It is called “traffic” on the Internet. As I already said, more traffic means more peoples to come and see your promotion, and you have greater chance to sell.
There are many approaches to get traffic on the Internet. Give me a chance to concentrate on two ways that I recommend to beginners in light of the fact that both are free (well, there is a small one-time expense to get started, but you don’t pay for each visitor like some different sources). Third way is paid advertisements on search engines. You can try this too, but it is a bit tricky way with a lot of traps, and it is better to wait with that until you gain more experience in order to avoid throwing money in vain. So, back to our 2 simple methods:
- Search Engine Optimization – get free traffic from the search engines by being ranked high for the search term keywords associated with your product or service.
- Article Submission – get recognition and hyperlinks to your website by writing and submitting articles (article marketing).
Let’s discuss about Search Engine Optimization (SEO) first. First of all, DO NOT spends several weeks and months of your life paying attention to the experts on the SEO forums. In my opinion, they are overcomplicated. There are many sophisticated ways of doing SEO, but for beginners there are three factors to search engine optimization you should focus on:
- a) Your domain and URLs
- b) Basic on page optimization
- c) Back links to your site
For the first, you can choose your domain. Here are some sites:
You can learn more about domains at Webopeda . For more in depth analyze and domain names I deaply recommended you MarketSamurai. It is much uncomplicated to use and is also based on a massive statistical research of the leading search engine. You simply score potential domains and URLs and select the highest scoring one.
Obviously, you will need hosting for your site. Here are some useful sites:
I don’t suggest any on page optimization unless you are creating free content sites to supply traffic to your sales website. Instead, optimize your sales page for selling with AdvantageBot and don’t worry about the on page search engine factors.
For getting back links to your site, I suggest writing and submitting articles. For this there are many good sites, for example:
- HubPages (PR: 6 Alexa rank:594)
- EzineArticles (PR: 6 Alexa rank: 907)
- Buzzle (PR: 5 Alexa rank: 4,095)
- ArticleDashboard (PR: 6 Alexa rank: 5,255).
It gives you an increase above any other currently available article submission tool because it sends an original content to each publisher. That boost can amount up to 1875% increase in efficiency given the same amount of time invested (this depends on each individual case, of course).
At the end of each article, you should have a resource box with a back link to the site with your sales page. You can optimize that resource box with AdvantageBot, too.
That’s it. Running a successful, effective and profitable online business is really just that easy. It’s just selecting the best product, choosing the right words for your copywriting and deciding on the best way to get traffic to your sales page.
Latest posts by Nino Plevnik (see all)
- David Glasser, top executive at Weinstein Company, fired from post - February 17, 2018
- Watch how a firework is made - February 17, 2018
- Jimmy Kimmel to Trump after school shooting: ‘You’ve literally done nothing’ - February 16, 2018